Biography of Monsignor Emile Geara
- He was born in Habil, Jbeil, on the 16th of October,1924.
- He attended the school of The Sisters of The Sacred Hearts in Jbeil during his kindergarten years. Then he continued his education in the village’s school where he finished his fifth grade.
- At the age of twenty-one, he heard The Lord’s Calling to dedicate himself to Him as a priest.
- On the first of October, 1945, he enrolled in Ain Warka’s School that is built on ‘the bones of saints’ . To everyone there, he was an example in his semitic ethics, his balance and humbleness. Due to his firm will, he was able to be among the first in his class.
- On the 8th of June, 1952, he was ordained priest at the hand of Bishop Ighnatios including eight of his friends.
- In 1956, he founded The social Institute of The Young Girl of Lebanon.
- On the 14th of September, 1966, he established The Congregation of The Missionary Nuns of The Holy Sacrament.
- On the 3rd of October, 1998, both he and the nuns including his aids, received the Pope’s blessings.
- On the 4th of October, 1991, the Papal Ambassador granted him a papal medal which is: Pro Eclesia et Pontifice.
- On the 14th of September, 1999, Patriarch Sfeir promoted him to the Brdiot position on the seat of the Maronite Patriarchate in Bkirki.